Tuesday, October 18, 2011

The Real Eisenhower


First, I am sorry but we still can't find Herman Cain's birthdate... believe me, astrologers are spanning the universe to find it but so far it is a distant secret.


I did read a book this week about a real president, "Going Home To Glory: A Memoir of Life with Dwight D. Eisenhower, 1961-1969" by David Eisenhower and Julie Nixon. I thought the book showed him to be petty and small - not things I ascribed to the great general turned two term president. Frankly, I think it was History rewritten with a Nixonian touch to show how much Ike really like Nixon – really, really and JFK was bad – bad…  Please.
 

When I went to his birth chart, I saw why Eisenhower presented that stoic, silent persona. Look at Saturn in the first house in quiet Virgo. His rising sign too is in Virgo. This gave him an unassuming personality – very methodical, very nose to the grindstone – you know all of those things necessary when planning oh say D Day!  I would love to read a good biography to find out about his secret doubts, fears and even depressive feelings.


The ruler of Virgo is Vesta – and we see that his Vesta is in the Cardinal sign of Libra. Cardinal signs are the movers and shakers of the zodiac – they take the lead and get things done.  This Vesta is conjunct his Sun, Moon, Uranus – and all in the second house – the house of stability and security. Can you see the picture of Ike emerging?


Lucky for all of us he had the Part of Fortune, a little karmic marker of good benefits right on his ascendant. The plans that he made with painstaking detail, with strong leadership had a little kiss of karmic goodness.


Oh and no, I don’t see anything that would make me think he was petty and mean spirited!

No comments:

Karmic Astrology by Joan's Fan Box