Monday, July 8, 2013

Pluto Return for USA

I have to admit I didn't "feel it" this 4th of July...it was a pretty quiet day and I didn't even think to put my flag out, something I do every year. Things have been in overdrive for me lately but there was something more. I just wasn't in the mood to celebrate.

It got me thinking of our country and the general sense of ennui so many of us have. We can't get anything done, the infrastructure is falling apart, we are at least ten years behind in cell phone technology, our immigration policy sucks, we are letting other countries beat us at renewable energy and all we hear about are fat old men talking about women's bodies and people's sex lives. 

Then it hit me. Pluto is in Capricorn. American was "born" the last time Pluto was in Capricorn, we are in our Pluto return which will hit its apex in 2020. Any "return" of a slow planet is big because that energy returns to where it was at birth and asks the question, what have you done with yourself since I last visited. People never experience a Pluto return unless they are Methuselah’s grandfather. It takes over 250 years for Pluto to walk around the Sun. Any return is a time of stress, of reassessment

Of course, when the planet hit Capricorn in 2008, it did what we expected - cause big change in the structure of society like the banking system. Secrets of the rich and powerful were uncovered (i.e. Penn State, Catholic Church.) It also caused some other troubling changes such as the corporate personhood.  Pluto brings change and Capricorn deals with authority, government - the fabric of society. 

So what does this mean for the country as Pluto grinds through Capricorn? Frankly I don't think anyone knows. I have read several articles on the subject. There are the requisite number of "the sky will fall and we will all go back to a nature-based people: America will be no more" articles. I expected that. Astrology has its fair share of alarmists.

My personal take is that government secrets will continue to come out and there will be more scandals and secrets. While I don't think America will be no more, I do think it will be a vastly different place in 2024 - aware finally that we wasted almost 2 decades appeasing the lunatic right while the world marched on and we will realize what most already know - we are no longer number one.

Pluto was retrograded when America was born - perhaps we will right that backwards movement. Maybe our government will be more responsive to the people not just the rich ones? Perhaps we will head into Pluto Aquarius with a real sense of what is important and work together to catch up what we lost when asleep. I can always hope….

Next time – what does Saturn in Scorpio mean to the US?

No comments:

Karmic Astrology by Joan's Fan Box